You have visitors to your website but not all are actively engaged and interacting with your content, how do you convert this site visitors. How do you convert these customers?
As I've researched and found, here I can share with you 10 ways to increase your site conversion that could make a big difference for your bottom line.
1. Restructure Your website
When you built you website, it wasn't meant to be stagnant. Twerk it a little to see if your conversions will change towards being positive based on what you are trying to achieve.
Three things to do:
- Change your website layouts, colors and fonts.
- Create a new landing page and homepage.
- Write new titles and headlines.
2. Email Opt-In-Form
Make your email opt-in-forms easy to use by doing the following;
- Try different location on your website to see how your form is triggered.
- Make form field short and simple; name, email, phone number or just an email field.
- If you want more information, make them optional.
3. Call To Action
In order to have interaction on your site, you need a call to action.
- Try different call to actions to see what is responding.
- Change your Click through button, make is bigger with a solid colors.
4. The product or service
What makes your product different form the competition?
- How does your product affect peoples lives and can you explain and demonstrate it?
- Give people a reason to buy your product or services.
- Who is your target market and do they need your product or services?
5. Sales Funnel
To get the right customers, you need a sales funnel - so you can follow up potential leads over time. Here are a few things to do;
- Offer free advice with videos, checklist, infographs and other helpful materials.
- Offer free trails for products like software solutions etc.
- Build trust, so you can have a relationship with your customers
6. Email Marketing
Keep in contact with your leads with some type of email structure. Use these tips to get started;
- Start an email list with contacts collected directly from your site.
- Write great content like- tips, checklists etc.
- Send out free content to boost your network and build stronger relationships.
7. Landing Page
Your landing page is where your visitors first get to see your website. Do these two things to stand out from the crowd.
- Make your landing page as minimalist as possible. People don't like distractions.
- Make it clear for visitors to find what they are searching for within your site.
- Most important pages should be visible from the landing page.
- Have a contact form.
8. Get Testimonials
Show new visitors what your previous or present customers like about your business.
- Add testimonials from past and present customers who accept.
- You can easily gain new customers and trust.
9. Collecting payments
Know your price points well and make sure to offer an easy way for customers to pay. Answer this questions and take the right step for your business.
- Do you use a payment terminal for transactions online?
- How many payment methods do you offer?
10. Delivery/Sale Conversion
No tax, penalties or free shipping can make a big difference to your conversion rate.
- Advertise free shipping on your website.
- You can offer to 1st time customers only, if too pricey.
- Do not have hidden costs at checkout, people will abandon the cart.
Divine Tumenta is an entrepreneur and professional digital marketing expert who has worked in digital marketing for more than 8 years. He is currently founder and CEO of backlinkfy.com and a go to consultant for startups and small businesses in the USA.