Pay-Per-Click Tips For Advertising Your Small Business With Less Chills
Pay-Per-Click advertising is an effective way to get your business message out with instant visibility using keywords chosen by you that match your business category.
When you have a well setup PPC advertising campaign, you are sure to have clicks on your ads that show up on search engines like; Google, Bing/Yahoo. This works differently than SEO, as your traffic will cost per click to your website.
PPC ads are also known as sponsored ads that appear at the very top or bottom of Google search results page for those keywords - this usually has a "Ad" in green.
This ads show up for targeted keywords using Google Adwords, based on your keyword bids. Lets take a look at Adwords advertising.
Once a potential customer clicks on your ad, you pay Google a click bid on that keyword that brought the customer to your website (Pay-Per-Click). Designing a PPC campaign that yields results will change the way you run your business.
For example; If you spend $12 for a click, and got a $200 sale with your total cost for that item at $20 with the rest being profit, then using PPC is a what you should be doing to get new customers.
With a little budget to run ads, ppc can be very effective for all types of businesses:
Great for Advertisers
- Advertisers are always looking for new ways to promote client products and services.
- PPC gives a unique medium for advertisers to promote their message in front of a large audience actively and specifically seeking out their product and services.
Unique Advantage of PPC Marketing
- Google doesn't reward the highest bidders for that ad space.
- They reward the highest-quality ads (Best performing ads with searchers)
- Google rewards good performance. The better your ads, the greater your click-through rates and the lower your costs.
Search Engines Benefits
- Pay per click gives search engines the power to cater to searchers and advertisers instantly.
- Searchers are the customers who are looking for solutions.
- while the advertisers provide them with their revenue stream.
PPC is Effective for Online Research
- It helps to see what your potential clients are looking for online.
- Research indicates that searchers click on paid search ads more often than any other form of digital advertising.
Lets Take a Closer Look
It's the most popular Pay-Per-Click platform models. Users can place bids on keywords that cost per click on Ads. Searches show up based on a number of factors including but not limited to;
- Keywords selected
- Ad copy
- Negative keywords
- Quality score
Once Google's algorithm matches your ad based on a combination of the factors mentioned above.
For example; Backlinkfy bids on a keyword “PPC marketing management”, our ad might show up in the very top spot on the Google results page based on keywords, ad copy and bids. Your ad rank and score will determine specifically who shows up at a given time when some one searches using targeted keywords.
The best part about PPC is that, you are literally being placed in front of people who are getting closer to buying and can cut your sales cycle in half.
How To Determine If PPC Is The Way To Go
Using Google Adwords can also show you how your business is performing and how to better advertise your products and services. How will you know if pay per click is right for your business today?
Why PPC can do good to your business.
Leads Cost Less
- You will be match with people instantly searching for your products.
- Enjoy periodic discounts from the search engines in exchange for helping searchers.
Build New Leads
- Offer services and products patterning to what people are searching for on search engines.
- Respond to customers by providing them with an offer relevant to their search query.
It's simple, PPC advertising can be an effective marketing strategy for any type of business, no matter what type of company. You can easily generate leads and gain new potential customers, brand exposure and if you have a store front - some well targeted foot traffic.
As good as you everything that yields positive results. They are also some difficulties to get the best possible results on your campaigns.
Finding the right keywords for your pay-per-click campaign can be tedious, but the most important part of any PPC advertising. Every successful PPC campaign is based on the keywords you select. The top advertisers will make sure all keyword match the product and service specifically and adding negative keywords.
Keyword research is a constant process of updating your present campaigns with valuable low-cost, long-tail, and well targeted phrases that can bring in traffic without a fortune to your website.
How To Build An Effective PPC Keyword List
- No one wants to pay for costly web traffic that has nothing to do with their business.
- You want to find targeted keywords that will lead to a high PPC click-through rate, a low cost per click, and increased profits.
- That means the keywords you bid on should be closely related to the offerings you sell.
- Your keyword research should include not only the most popular and frequently searched terms in your niche, but also extend to the long-tail keywords.
- Long-tail keywords are more specific and less common, but they add up to account for the majority of search-driven traffic. In addition, they are less competitive, and therefore less expensive.
Grow Your Campiagn
- You need to constantly grow your PPC campaigns as you receive more data.
- As your campaign grows, you can constantly refine and expand your ad reach, and create an environment in which your keyword list is constantly growing and adapting.
- Every effective pay-per-click keyword strategy should also include negative keywords.
- Negative keywords prevent your ads from showing up for searches that are not relevant and might not convert.
Pay-Per-Click Management Process
Managing your campaign is one of the best ways to see your campaign grow as data is collected and analysed. This requires you to manage you campaign weekly for new opportunities and strategies to build exposure.
- Add new quality keywords relevant to your business continuously.
- Organize keywords to "Exact match" or "Phrase match" to keep them focus on those searches.
Include Negative Keywords: (This can be a little bit frustrating)
- Use keywords that are similar to your business but not relevant for customers.
- Negative keywords can improve campaign relevancy and reduce wasteful spending.
- All groups should have their own landing pages.
- Add call-to-actions (CTAs) on your landing pages to align with individual search queries in order to increase conversion rate.
- Don’t send all your traffic to the same page.
- Create groups for each campaigns with their own keyword sets.
- Increase Click-Through Rate (CTR) and get a better Quality Score by creating ad groups into smaller, more relevant groups, which help you create more targeted ad text and landing pages.
Review PPC Keywords:
- Pause or review keywords that cost more with no conversions.
- Under-performing keywords should be canceled to increase your quality score.
To be successful with Adwords, you need to continuously optimize your pay-per-click campaigns, so you can increase your lead generation process, grow your customer pipeline while increasing ROI on your marketing strategy.
Divine Tumenta is an entrepreneur and professional digital marketing expert based in Los Angeles. He has worked in digital marketing for more than 8 years. He is currently founder and CEO of backlinkfy.com and a go to consultant for startups and small businesses in the USA.