Top get started, you should be asking yourself this question.
What is the single most important strategic sales activity, if applied consistently by your business for the next 90 days would have the greatest impact on growth?
As you think about growth as a business, you should develop a singular focus on the key sales and business development activity – or at most two or three activities – that have the potential to drive the most amount of traffic growth to your business and profit to your bottom line.
In order to achieve this, you must also be prepared to stop playing around with other business development task that you think add little or no value to your overall strategy.
With this in mind, here are five steps to developing a company-wide ruthless sales focus:
1. Go way back in time and Map out your client journey, pre and post-sale. Understand what you do currently and work on improving your strategy.
2. Brainstorm how that could be refined to reduce cost of sale and increase client satisfaction all at once. All pieces of the puzzle must move together.
3. Once you have identified your most profitable sales process, think about how this integrates with your marketing. So you can attract and gain on return sales value of your ideal client (re-marketing and up-selling). Think about your target and returning customers.
4. Decide on a singularly key sales activity that if consistently applied in your business for the next 90 days, would lead your organisations growth.
5. Assign resource and refine your process to include this activity and monitor it on an ongoing basis. For example, add it as a recurring agenda point to your regular sales meetings and notes.
Ensure everyone understands the importance this activity has over others.
Business success doesn't come about in one day, it comes from an individual or a group of highly focused, highly committed people doing a lot of smaller growth building activities on a consistent basis over a sustained period of time.