Search engine optimization is one of the most talked about digital marketing strategies. Some say that content marketing is the new SEO, other publications say that it’s possible to link your way to the top of Google (not very accurate).
When searching for answers, everything seems to be bleak as to what works and what doesn’t with the constant updates from search engines like Google. There is no clear answer unless you develop a proven and working strategy to get ranked on search engines, it's hard to understand how everything works hand in hand. Different skill sets can make different things work for their website’s SEO over time.
SEO can be easy deepening on how you logically think about your approach to implementing your strategy. Discover what works best for your site, track your progress to see what is/isn’t working over a set period of time (3 months is a good estimate for results).
See what Brian Dean had to say about Link Building as part of SEO:
To put you on the right path, here is a compiled list of 50 SEO tips. It describes a variety of SEO strategies and tips that should be used by every digital marketer in every industry. Hope this is valuable after reading.
keyword Research & Optimization
What you should know before indulgence in your SEO task:
SERPs — Search Engine Results pages (You should be focus on being on the 1st page)
Keyword — Word or Phrase searches on search engines (Example: "startup marketing tips")
Long-tail — Long keywords with low monthly searches and low competition (e.g. “startup marketing tips for small business owners”)
Social Signals — Social shares; signal to Google for website popularity
Backlink — Inbound link from a site to yours (verb form: backlinking, linkbuilding)
Here are the best ways to get an efficient keyword research and optimization...
- UberSuggest : Displays a ton of relevant keywords when you type in a single one. You can also filter by geographic location, and by media type.
- Use Soovle to come up with keywords from Wikipedia, Amazon (works well for affiliate marketing), Yahoo!, and more.
- Use relevant keyword in the alternate description of images you upload to the post.
- Use your keyword and relevant phrases twice in H2s, H3s, and H4s throughout your blog post.
- URL of website page should have the keyword in it, Example: www.backlinkfy.com/SEO Checklist 2016: 50 Ways To Improve Your Website SEO
- Mention your keyword once or twice in the meta description. At the same time, make those 156 characters. Good title more traffic from google.
- Tag your blog post with appropriate keywords (between 3-5).
- Your keyword density shouldn’t exceed 1% or your readability suffers.
- Name image files like this before upload: your-keyword-here (with the dashes — it’s easier for Google to read it as relevant).
- Search Google for “your keyword”, note the number of results listed (located beneath the search bar, is the keyword competition).
Backlinks (Inbound Linking)
- Link building works well with quality over quantity. 20 relevant backlinks from high-PR blogs > 2000 backlinks from random article directory submissions.
- Links from .gov and .edu domains are highly authoritative and beneficial than backlinks from a .com, .net, and others. Downside, it’s tough getting a link from a .gov or .edu.
- Keywords “sponsor, advertiser”. around a backlink can convey negative connotations to search engine spiders.
- Buy a product/service and if satisfied with the outcome, give the original creator a positive testimonial or review. Often, they will “reward” a testimonial with a link to a website. That’s especially true if you’re in a marketing-related niche).
- Diversify your link building by getting backlinks from a variety of referring IPs, domains, and addresses.
- High-PR competitors have link building strategies that work for them. Spy on these links with the use of SEO tools.
- Submit your site to Technorati blog (PR 8) for a backlink.
- Submit your site to AllTop (PR 7) for an inbound link.
- YouTube profile also gets one dofollow backlink.
- Links in your Google Plus profile “Introduction” section is dofollow.
Branding Your Website
- Your logo defines your online presence, make it special.
- Brand your backlink anchor text. Example: backlinkfy vs. digital marketing agency (non-branded link).
- Build strong social profiles that stick. Social profiles are as much branding as they are social media marketing tools, use them wisely.
- Display a tagline on you homepage. “Tagline: a phrase that lets your visitors know exactly what you’re about the minute they visit your site”
- Press releases really do still work. It’s just that you have to be careful with them.
Bookmark and come for more tips. Find SEO Services