Top 10 Creative Small Business Marketing Tips
How do you stay creative in marketing your business or products, when sometimes you feel like your brain has been clustered into a dark closet. To effectively cleanse your thoughts and align with your goals, you can try these creative small business marketing ideas!
How will these tips affect your next marketing strategy?
1. Voting Contests - This can get a lots of entries because it's so easy to participate in. The great thing about voting contests is that you can use the data obtained from the votes to create a mini data study. Share what you learned in on your social media channels and with a blog post for others to view. Use tools like: Wichpond
2. Sweepstakes Contests- Sweepstakes are a tried and true classic way of attracting new customers to your business. Sweepstakes contests are quick and simple to get involved – and makes it easy to ask for email subscriptions as part of the sweepstakes promotional process. Create sweepstakes with PromoSimple tool
3. Write for your audience – When writing content, focus the attention on your audience. Understand your customer: know their pain points, what gets them psyched, and what keeps them up at night. Great content address your audience’s needs and concerns as to the solution. Writing for your audience will be the key between success and failure.
4. Create a Photo Contest - They’re a fast way to consolidate potential customers. People with snapchat, Pinterest and Instagram can enter contests in little time, and this can increase user-generated content that can be reused and implemented elsewhere for other marketing purls.
5. Infographics – Visual content connects with everyone, and infographics are a great example of valuable content you can link to or others can link back to.
6. Graphs and Charts - This used to be the thing, before infographs made it cool. A simple one-piece graphs and charts can still present slick pieces of visual content. Most won't be as great as infographics, but require way less time and effort to create. You can still share your graphs and charts, so share them on social media and other channels for link building. You can start creating simple interactive charts and graphs with Online Charts Tools.
7. Controversy – You want attention, create Controversial content, but be careful because it might blow up in your face depending on what you are writing about. It's save to stare up controversy with a comment interpretation focused on a particular industry, than starting a whole new game of opinions.
8. Use your Location Wisely – Use your imagination and think about how you can use your present surroundings for potential marketing techniques, be it in an urban city or suburb. Local marketing techniques should come to play.
9. Video Content – Use Video content to draw in and retaining the attention of users who visit your site – retention rate for visual information can reach 70% vs. 15% for text-based info. Video content is a powerful tool for converting more customers, whether you’re trying to demonstrate how your product works or educating visitors about your services, videos can be the best advantage to potential customer growth. With 89% of marketers using video, it must be gold.
10. Experts Knowledge – After interviewing an expert in your industry, create a blog post and write about your experience and notes. Content by industry experts happen to do well with most readers, and it’s always interesting to see where industry experts agree and disagree. One great thing about sharing expert opinions – chances are, the folks you write about will share your write-up with their own followers! (Pro tip – ask the opinions of groups with large Twitter followers!). How do Experts differ from Novices?
Divine Tumenta is an entrepreneur and professional digital marketing expert who has worked in digital marketing for more than 8 years. He is currently founder and CEO of backlinkfy.com and a go to consultant for startups and small businesses in the USA.